Health and Safety Protocols
We are pleased to announce that our school will be reopening for voluntary face-to-face instruction in June. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following health and safety protocols will be in place to ensure the health and safety of our students and employees:
- Parents/Guardians must assess their children daily for symptoms of a common cold, influenza, or COVID-19 prior to dropping them off for school.
- The school will call you or your emergency contact to come to the school immediately to pick up your child if s/he falls ill while at school.
- The school will be closed to outside visitors. If you need to enter the school, please call the office at 250.692.3146 to make an appointment. Visitors will be escorted if they need to visit a different part of the school.
- All staff and students (and approved visitors) will need to wash their hands upon entry and prior to exiting.
- The water fountains will be disabled. Students must bring a labeled water bottle and/or juice boxes to school.
- Scheduled handwashing sessions will take place throughout the day:
- Before eating a snack and lunch,
- After using the toilet,
- After sneezing our coughing into hands or tissue,
- Whenever hands are visibly dirty,
- Before/after transitioning to the playground or to common rooms in the school
- Students will practice social distancing while at school. Children are assigned to a small group with spacing offered between the seating arrangements.
- Students are asked to keep all personal toys and objects, such as stuffed animals at home.
- Day-time custodial support is offered daily at the school with regular interval scheduled cleaning of high-touch surfaces, such as photocopiers.
- No sharing of food or drink.
- Please send your child to school with a lunch. If you need to drop off a lunch, please phone the office prior to arriving.
Schedule for Returning to School
The following re-start plan aligns with the requirements set forth by the BC Ministry of Education:
- K-5 students will have the option of attending school two days a week.
- Grade 6 and 7 students will have the option of attending school one day a week.
This phase of schooling will take effect on June 1st and continue until further notice.
To support families, we scheduled siblings on the same day(s).
Letters are being mailed home that indicate specific student schedules.
The transportation department is finalizing the bus routes and will communicate the pick-up and drop-off times with families.
Package Pick Up
Student work packages are now to be picked up on Mondays only from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm. This new pick up day and time is for all surname groups A-Z.
Your child will have scheduled time to be outside on the playground. Because students are required to wash their hands before going outside to the playground, BC school playgrounds are deemed safe to enjoy. Please ensure that your child dresses in layers as s/he will be outside multiple times a day in varying weather conditions.
Please send your child to school with only a lunch bag and keep the large backpack at home.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility during this unprecedented time. By working together, we can ensure a safe environment for staff, students and families.